If you’re looking to add video to your inbound marketing toolbox, the best bang-for-your-buck content is a series of “How To” videos.
You know those times when you need to learn how to do something right now or you need help to do it a better way… You pick up your iPhone and search for the right YouTube channel. Voila! Google calls these times micrco-moments and they’re what’s driving the 70% year-over-year growth of “How To” searches on YouTube.
Done right, these videos are quick to shoot and will help make your potential customers feel at ease with what you have to offer; all while conveying the personality of your brand. Your “How To” videos can be funny, serious or just seriously entertaining! You can shoot them on a smart phone or have them professionally produced. It all depends on the image that you want to convey.
To get some ideas for the topics on which you’ll need “How To” videos, brainstorm with your sales and development teams. Start by asking yourselves:
- What questions do your customers most often ask? Look through your inboxes for recent emails from your clients.
- What obstacles or frustrations do customers face while using your product?
- What could keep a customer from using your product, even after they’ve purchased?
- What do you wish you could help every customer understand?
- What are the subsidiary benefits your company provides?
After you’ve accumulated a few good topics for content, you can:
- Start shooting! If you do decide to shoot with a phone, make sure to place the phone so that the screen is in the landscape orientation (horizontally).
- Edit your clips together with some memorable graphics. If you’re on a Mac, iMovie is a great way to edit on the cheap. Otherwise, here are some options for Windows users.
- Post away to your social media platform(s) of choice. Your traffic should improve in no time!